AHMA POLICY AGENDA FOR THE CITY OF BOSTON
AHMA supports the following initiatives for delivering housing abundance in the City of Boston. Together, we can make Boston a City for everyone:
- Affordable Housing Overlay: Create abundant housing by expediting approval of affordable homes.
- Missing Middle Overlay: Foster abundant housing with new missing middle homes by making up to 4-unit housing projects as-of-right within the City of Boston.
- Eliminate Parking Minimums: Reduce rents and home prices by eliminating parking minimums for all housing projects within the City of Boston.
- Turn Planning into Zoning: Establish predictable zoning rules to build the safe, green, and equitable communities Bostonians demand and deserve.
- Housing Production Targets: Establish binding annual housing permitting and production targets per 10,000 residents in the City of Boston.
Boston-based AHMA members are invited to join our Boston Committee to advance our policy agenda in the City of Boston. To join our Boston Committee please email firstname.lastname@example.org.